Crochet braids are a known braid style related to the African hairstyle. Crochet braids are a technique that can be used as a protective style, which also helps hair growth. They are made in different forms like curly, straight, braided, or twisted.
Crochet braiding involves simply adding extensions to the hair, and instead of sewing in, the crochet is looped with a crochet needle. Crochet braids have been in trend since the 1990s and have become even more popular now.
How long do they last
They could last for a while, depending on the type of braids and the maintenance afterward.
Steps on how to make Crochet Braids
Following a step-by-step process on how to make a crochet braid would give you a beautiful result. Here are some steps:
- Cornrow your hair to the back, making use of your preferred style.
- Use the crochet needle to slide beneath the cornrow.
- Take a hair and hook unto the needle.
- Create a medium-sized loop by pulling the hair through the cornrow.
- Fold the ends over the cornrow and through the loop. Don’t tighten yet.
- Twist the loop with your fingers and pass the ends through the loop again. Repeat once more.
- Tighten to secure the hair.
- Follow the same steps until the whole head is covered.
Before installing the braids
- Ensure the hair is clean and adequately moisturized.
- Space the hair properly and correct where needed.
Trending Crochet Braids 2020
2. Long crochet braids
3. Short crochet braids
4. Knotless crochet braids
5. Ombre crochet braids
6. Jamaican bounce braids
7. Curly crochet braids
9. Crochet braid twists
10. Vixen crochet braids
Why Crochet Braids
- If you do not like sitting for long hours to make your hair, then it is perfect for you because they take little time to prepare.
- It does not require much to maintain
- Crochet braids protect the hair.
- If you decide to give the hair it’s much-needed rest, crochet braids help with that.
If you are looking for an affordable yet classy hairstyle, then the right choice is a crochet braid hairstyle. It is a very simple hairstyle that can be done by oneself yet really stylish and professional.